Howth Pier Audio Walking Tours
Explore the UNESCO Biosphere of Dublin Bay.
Discover Howth Harbour. Get a feeling for the working piers and the bustling life of this ancient port.
Find your inner mariner.
The waves of Irish history have always washed over Howth and the sea is our timeless, sometimes unforgiving companion.
You’ll be walking for about 90 minutes, and while the surfaces are generally hard, they are sometimes uneven.
By the end, you’ll have a personal sense of Ireland, the island, and how we have lived here for 8,000 years.
On this tour, you can look forward to hearing and learning about:
• The everyday bustle of our busy fishery harbour
• The 800-year-old Abbey with its battlemented walls
• The development of Christianity from the time of St Patrick
• How the Tuatha De Danann, the Celts, the Vikings, the Normans and the Anglo Irish are linked to Howth Harbour
• The dock where the Howth Guns were landed by Molly Osgood and Erskine Childers
• The rock and roll history of Howth and Ireland including Thin Lizzy, Phil Lynott, The Cranberries and U2